You don’t currently need to be operating as a Product Manager (although this would be a bonus) but an ambition move into a Product Management role is also welcome.
We are flexible on your current career, as long as some or all of your experience has been gained in organisations who build and sell software solutions. If you have experience of our market (healthcare) that’s great but not essential, if not you must be prepared to learn quickly and gain the knowledge you will need to be successful.
If you would enjoy working in a role that gives you real responsibility to contribute to the success of the company, that is varied, challenging and provides great opportunities for learning new skills then a career in Product Management at Docman might be just up your street.
At Docman we love what we do and we are passionate about making a difference to Health and Social Care.
Our innovative software platform manages the digital transfer of patient care for 200,000 healthcare professionals, 125 NHS Trusts and 6,000 GP Practices. This saves healthcare professionals time and significantly reduces costs.
We are really excited to have recently launched a new cloud based platform, Docman 10, set to revolutionise the transfer of care process between and within healthcare providers to meet the challenges and demands of a 21st century health economy. It is accessed entirely through a web browser, providing complete secure access to clinical documents and structured data from anywhere at any time through any device.
Everyone at Docman plays a part in creating innovative solutions that really make a difference to the NHS and with Docman 10 we are just at the start of our next exciting journey!
Docman has long been known as a great company to work for and we pride ourselves in how we treat our people. When asking our employees and customers what they like about Docman a key component is always “the people”.
Docman is an equal opportunities employer and we seek inspiring talent to join the team who share our vision to make a difference in Health and Social Care. In return we offer a competitive package and the opportunity to thrive whist loving what you do.
The type of person we are looking for
Product Managers come from a variety of backgrounds, including (but not limited to): Sales, Account Management, Marketing, Software Development, Testing, Training, Customer Support, Project Management, Business Analyst, Technical Services.
As long as your experience has been gained in organisations who create and deliver software solutions, ideally B2B, and you are bright, articulate, inquisitive and great communicator then we would be interested to hear from you.
You will be the product evangelist for the products for which you are responsible, inspiring and enthusing colleagues and users. To be successful you will need to demonstrate a varied set of skills. We don’t expect you to be an expert in everything but you need to have genuine interest across the spectrum of activities covered by the role. The role requires you to be flexible and organised as you are typically managing multiple projects for your products.
Communication is key, you need be naturally adept at building relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to drive the results you require. This will involve leading and influencing without formal report-to authority.
What you’ll be doing
Based at our Head Office in Castleford, reporting to the Product Director, the role has overall responsibility for the success of one or more of the Docman products. This includes contributing to strategy; undertaking market research; creating roadmaps, business models and financials, and managing the product backlog, to deliver value for members of the Docman network.
Key activities will include:
- Produce needs based insight to build a deep understanding on customer needs using both desktop research and face to face activities (meeting and workshops)
- Conduct regular analysis of competitors to help identify any product gaps and enhancements
- Go-to-market planning
- Clearly communicate and update proposals
- Manage prioritisation of the product backlog
- Provide regular updates and feedback to management team
We need you to have
- Experience of working in organisations providing software solutions
- An education at degree level (or equivalent) and keen for continued professional development
- The ability to lead and influence, without formal report-to authority
- Ability to cultivate a deep understanding of the market and target customers
- Critical thinking skills to assess customer needs, competitors, and trends
- Analytical skills for modelling and analysis
- Planning and project management skills
- Outstanding written and spoken communication skills
- Comfort in presenting/demonstrating software and ideas to all stakeholders
- Ability to develop a business plan and investment case for a new idea or product
- Genuine interest in software and technology
It’s nice to have
- Knowledge of the UK healthcare market
- Experience working as software product manager
- Understanding of product management best practices and principles
- Ability to create effective prototypes/wireframes for new ideas and concepts
- Experience of utilising Agile methodologies
To apply send your CV and covering letter to Kelly-Anne Nash (HR Manager) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Strictly no agencies thank you.